This course is a DSHS-approved training for caregivers, resident managers, and providers in long-term care settings. You will obtain an introduction to the different types of Dementia. We provide the training both in-person and virtual.
Learn how to:
- Set the Tone when dealing with clients with Dementia.
- Working with Families.
- Sexuality and Intimacy in dealing with Dementia.
- Medications, Treatments, and Therapies.
- Activities of Daily Living.
- Communication with People who Have Dementia.
- Trauma-Informed Care.
- Approaching Challenging Behaviors.
- Tips for Dealing with Specific Challenging Behaviors
- 8 hours – two days from 9 AM to 1 PM,
- offered both virtual and in-person every two weeks.
- At the end of the course, students are given an exam in which they are expected to score an 80% or higher to pass the class.
- Total Course: $100
- Call NAT Health Care Academy to Schedule